The hanging gardens of Le Havre are located on a former fort, giving you a breathtaking view on the entire city : sea, port, city center of Le Havre. Since 2008, this place has become an iconic place offering the visitors an invigorating journey !
In these hanging gardens, you will have access to collection greenhouses : aromatic plants, scented plants, plants from around the globe, orchids...
The last wednesday of each month, the hanging gardens are opened for kids and adults. A gardener and an animator will welcome you and explain you everything.
If it is sunny, why not have a picnic on the grass amongst the aromatic plants. Or enjoy the orangery to have lunch ?
Concerning the opening hours of the garden :
- from april to september : everyday from 10.30am to 8pm
- in October : everyday from 10.30am to 6pm
- from November to February : everyday from 10.30am to 5pm
- in march : everyday from 10.30am to 6pm
Concerning the opening hours of the greenhouses :
- from the 15th of june to the 30th of september : everyday from 10.30am to 12.30pm and from 13.45pm to 6pm
- in october : saturdays, sundays and all on national holidays from 10.30am to 12.30pm and from 13.45pm to 6pm
- from November to february : saturdays, sundays, national holidays from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 13.45pm to 5pm, except on the 25th of december and the 1st of january
- from the 1st of march to the 14th of june : saturdays, sundays, and national holidays from 10.am to 12.30pm and from 13.45pm to 18pm
Concerning the price :
- The hanging gardens are free
- The greenhouse entry costs : 2€
- The entry for kids aged under 12yo is free
After the hanging gardens, why not go for a walk near the seashore at Sainte-Adresse ?